For wakeboarding enthusiasts, having the right boat can make all the difference in maximizing enjoyment of the sport. While high-end wakeboard boats often come with a hefty price tag, there are excellent options available under $50,000. This guide will explore the best wakeboard boats under $50k to help you find an affordable boat that fits your needs.
Key Factors in Choosing a Wakeboard Boat
When selecting a wakeboard boat on a budget, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Wake size – The boat should produce a large, clean wake for wakeboarding.
- Seating capacity – Choose a boat with enough seats to fit your crew.
- Fuel capacity – Adequate fuel capacity allows for extended days on the water.
- Storage – Look for ample storage to hold boards, gear, and supplies.
- Ballast system – Integrated ballast or aftermarket bags help shape the wake.
Our Top 5 Best Wakeboard Boats Under $50k
1. Malibu Wakesetter VLX
- Pros: Excellent wake shape, spacious seating for 13, Surf Gate technology
- Cons: Can feel sluggish at slower speeds, high maintenance costs
- Price: Starts at $48,000
With a starting MSRP under $50k, the Malibu Wakesetter VLX is a top choice. This wakeboard boat offers a well-shaped wake thanks to Malibu’s Surf Gate technology. The spacious interior provides seating for up to 13 people. Overall, the Wakesetter VLX delivers exceptional performance and versatility at an affordable price point.
2. Mastercraft NXT20
- Pros: Wakeboard-specific hull, versatile seating configurations, ideal for smaller groups
- Cons: Limited storage, lacks high-end features
- Price: Starts at $46,500
Mastercraft’s NXT20 comes in right under $50,000, making it a budget-friendly option. The wakeboard-specific hull generates an excellent wake, while the rear lounge seat and removable bow seats provide versatility. With seating for up to 8 people, the NXT20 is ideal for smaller crews.
3. Supra SA450
- Pros: Professional-grade wake, innovative hull design, integrated ballast system
- Cons: Cramped interior, less seating capacity
- Price: Starts at $48,900
Known for its wakeboarding performance, the Supra SA450 starts around $48,000. This boat delivers a pro-level wake thanks to an innovative hull design and integrated ballast system. The SA450 can hold 10 riders and offers ample storage throughout the interior.
4. Moomba Mojo
- Pros: Epic wake, seats 10 people, excellent value
- Cons: Cheaper build quality, less premium features
- Price: Starts at $46,000
Moomba boats are revered for providing high-end features at reasonable prices. The Mojo model starts at $46,000, making it one of the most budget-friendly wakeboard boats. With seating for 10 and ample ballast capacity, the Mojo crafts an epic wake for shredding.
5. Axis A20
- Pros: Massive wake, seats up to 12 riders, very affordable
- Cons: Basic styling and aesthetics, less storage space
- Price: Starts at $47,500
Known for its affordability, the Axis A20 starts around $47,000. It can accommodate up to 12 riders, so it works well for larger groups. The wakeboard-specific hull and 1,600-pound ballast capacity allow the A20 to create a massive wake that beginners and experienced riders will enjoy.
Finding the Best Deals on Wakeboard Boats
When shopping for a wakeboard boat, it pays to be a savvy buyer to get the most value for your money. While MSRPs can seem high, there are several strategies to find significant savings.
- Shop Used Models: Consider looking at used wakeboard boats, which can offer thousands in savings over new models. Search listings on sites like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and Boat Trader to find deals. Just be sure to have a mechanic inspect any used boat before purchasing.
- Look for Dealer Discounts: Dealers will often discount prices on older stock and previous model years. Ask about any current promotions or incentives that can lower the price. Being flexible on colors and features can increase chances of a bargain.
- Attend Boat Shows: Boat shows are a great opportunity to see many models in one place and potentially score huge discounts. Dealers offer special show pricing and are eager to make deals near the end of boat show seasons.
- Consider Direct Sales: Some wakeboard boat manufacturers like Moomba cut out the middleman by selling directly to consumers. This removes dealer markups and can result in thousands in savings.
- Finance for the Best Rates: Working with lenders that specialize in boat loans can help secure the most competitive financing rates. This makes monthly payments more affordable and puts boat ownership within reach.
With the right shopping strategies, you can find an amazing deal on a best wakeboard boats under $50k. Do your research and be willing to pounce when you find the perfect boat at a discount price.
At WakeboardTraveller.com, we live for that feeling of freedom when you’re out on the open water. Thanks to the top-notch best wakeboard boats under $50k covered in this guide, you can experience epic wakeboarding without breaking the bank. Personally, we love options like the versatile Malibu Wakesetter and the value-packed Moomba Mojo.
But more than the boat itself, what we love is seeing the joy on riders’ faces when they get to shred their first wake. We’ll never forget that feeling of accomplishment when we landed our first jump or rode our first wave. Now we want to help our community find the perfect boat to create their own lifelong wakeboarding memories.
So don’t hesitate – get out on the water this season and have an absolute blast wakeboarding! We’ll be right there with you in spirit, living vicariously through your thrill and smiles. Let’s make this summer one for the books. Happy wakeboarding from your friends at WakeboardTraveller.com!
Best Wakeboard Boats Under $50k: Top Affordable Options – Wakeboard Traveller
This guide will explore the best wakeboard boats under $50k to help you find an affordable boat that fits your needs.